London is a vibrant metropolis renowned for its diverse culinary scene, and Chinese cuisine holds a prominent place among its gastronomic offerings. From traditional Cantonese fare to fiery Sichuan dishes, London’s Chinese restaurants cater to a wide range of palates and preferences. Here’s a comprehensive guide to some of London’s best Chinese restaurants, representing various culinary styles and price points:
1. Hutong: Nestled in the heart of The Shard, Hutong offers an upscale Chinese dining experience with panoramic views of London’s skyline. Their menu features classic Northern Chinese dishes like hand-ripped noodles, lamb skewers, and crispy duck.
Hutong London restaurant
2. Yauatcha City: This Michelin-starred dim sum restaurant is a London institution, known for its exquisite Cantonese cuisine and sophisticated ambiance. Their dim sum menu is a must-try, featuring delicate dumplings, steamed buns, and flavorful rice noodle rolls.
Yauatcha City London restaurant
3. A. Wong: Led by award-winning chef Andrew Wong, this modern Chinese restaurant showcases innovative interpretations of traditional dishes. Their menu changes seasonally, highlighting the freshest ingredients and creative culinary techniques.
A. Wong London restaurant
4. Imperial Treasure: For a taste of authentic Shanghainese cuisine, Imperial Treasure is a must-visit. Their menu features delicate stir-fries, steamed seafood dishes, and traditional Shanghainese delicacies like xiaolongbao dumplings.
Imperial Treasure London restaurant
5. Royal China Club: This elegant Cantonese restaurant is a favorite among London’s elite. Their menu features classic dishes like crispy roast duck, stir-fried lobster, and dim sum specialties.
Royal China Club London restaurant
6. Bar Shu: For those seeking fiery Sichuan cuisine, Bar Shu is a hidden gem. Their menu features authentic Sichuan dishes like dan dan noodles, kung pao chicken, and mapo tofu, known for their bold flavors and numbing spices.
Bar Shu London restaurant
7. Xi’an Biang Biang Noodles: This casual eatery is a haven for noodle lovers. Their signature biang biang noodles are a must-try, featuring wide, hand-ripped noodles served with a variety of toppings and sauces.
Xi’an Biang Biang Noodles London restaurant
8. Dumpling Shack: As its name suggests, Dumpling Shack specializes in handcrafted dumplings. Their menu features a wide variety of dumplings, from classic pork and chive to more inventive options like lamb and cumin.
Dumpling Shack London restaurant
9. Lucky & Joy: This neighborhood gem offers a taste of Xinjiang cuisine, known for its bold flavors and influences from Central Asia. Their menu features lamb skewers, cumin-spiced lamb noodles, and hand-pulled noodles.
Lucky & Joy London restaurant
10. Facing Heaven: For a taste of modern Chinese cuisine with a Sichuan twist, Facing Heaven is a great option. Their menu features innovative dishes like Sichuan roasted cauliflower and spicy crispy duck.
Facing Heaven London restaurant
These are just a few of London’s many outstanding Chinese restaurants, each offering a unique dining experience and showcasing the diverse culinary traditions of China. Whether you’re seeking refined Cantonese fare, fiery Sichuan dishes, or innovative modern interpretations, London’s Chinese restaurants are sure to satisfy your cravings.