Christmas in London is a magical time of year. The city is transformed into a winter wonderland, with twinkling lights, festive markets, and plenty of Christmas cheer.
Here are some of the best things to do in London during the Christmas season:
1. Take a walk through the Christmas lights. London is famous for its Christmas lights, and there are many areas to see them. Some of the most popular spots include Oxford Street, Regent Street, and Covent Garden.
Christmas lights on Oxford Street, London
2. Visit a Christmas market. There are many Christmas markets in London, each with its own unique atmosphere. Some of the most popular markets include Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park, the Southbank Centre Christmas Market, and Leicester Square Christmas Market.
Winter Wonderland Christmas market, London
3. Go ice skating. There are many ice skating rinks in London, both indoors and outdoors. Some of the most popular rinks include Somerset House, Battersea Power Station, and Hampton Court Palace.
ice skating rink at Battersea Power Station, London
4. See a Christmas show. There are many Christmas shows to see in London, from traditional pantomimes to ballet performances of The Nutcracker.
Nutcracker ballet in London
5. Have afternoon tea. Afternoon tea is a traditional English treat, and there are many places to enjoy it in London. Some of the most popular spots include Fortnum & Mason, The Ritz, and The Savoy.
afternoon tea at Fortnum & Mason, London
6. Visit Kew Gardens. Kew Gardens is a beautiful botanical garden that is transformed into a winter wonderland during the Christmas season. Kew Gardens is a must-visit for any nature lover.
Kew Gardens in London
7. Go shopping. London is a great place to do your Christmas shopping. There are many shops to choose from, from high-end department stores to independent boutiques.
Oxford Street in London
8. Have a Christmas dinner. There are many restaurants in London that serve Christmas dinner. Some of the most popular spots include The Wolseley, The Ivy, and The Delaunay.
Christmas dinner at The Wolseley, London
9. Go to a carol service. There are many carol services to attend in London, both in churches and cathedrals. Some of the most popular services include the Christmas Eve service at St Paul’s Cathedral and the Nine Lessons and Carols service at King’s College Chapel.
carol service at King’s College Chapel, London
10. Have a drink at a Christmas bar. There are many Christmas bars to choose from in London, each with its own festive decor and cocktails. Some of the most popular bars include Miracle, The Sipping Room, and The Alice in Wonderland Bar.
Alice in Wonderland Christmas bar, London
Christmas in London is a truly magical experience. With so many things to see and do, you’re sure to have a memorable time.